New Hampshire Mental Health Counselors’ Association

The Next Big Event

NHMHCA Fall 2016 Workshop

Suicide Prevention, Intervention and Substance Use Disorders


Featured Presenter:


October 14th, 2016 9am-4pm

The Derryfield

625 Mammoth Road

Manchester, NH 03104

To Register select your payment option and click Add to Cart

If you would rather pay by check

 or want to get the 10% group discount for 3 or more people from the same workplace, 

you can print out and mail this form

About the Presenter

Marty Boldin, Dean’s Fellow and PhD Student at the Boston University School of Social Work, is a dedicated and accomplished addictions and social work professional. Since the mid 1980’s, he has been involved with the development and implementation of several social service initiatives, in a variety of multi-disciplinary settings, across the United States; while also working internationally. Marty has extensive clinical experience in substance abuse treatment, prevention, intervention, and supervision. Currently, he serves as a Commissioner for the New Hampshire Governor’s Commission on Alcohol and Drug Abuse Prevention, Treatment, and Recovery.

Program Description

Suicide is the 10th leading cause of death in the U.S., yet is largely preventable. This workshop will provide clinicians with valuable information and skills to prepare them for work with populations who are more likely to engage in suicidal behavior. There will be an emphasis on working with clients suffering from Substance Use Disorders. Attendees will be offered an opportunity to practice effective suicide prevention and intervention techniques. This workshop will provide 6 CEs.

If you have any questions about this workshop, please contact Sarah Revels at 603-659-0202.

This program is sponsored by the New Hampshire Mental Health Counselors’ Association, a NBCC service provider, ACEP no. 2067. Six (6) CE hours will be awarded to each participant. These CE hours are accepted by the NH Board of Mental Health Practice for all mental health providers. Please contact your licensing board to determine your continuing education requirements and check for reciprocal approval.